Friday, March 09, 2007

News of Afghanistan ۵۰

50?! Seems like I just started doing these little round ups of news from Afghanistan. Mind you, my focus has changed a bit over the course of that time. I am trying to let people see more than bombs. Afghanistan is a more complex story than that. Also, I just want people to see who is interested in that country - and why.

For CSM Bones and I, it has been a couple of weeks where we have been mulling over events in our old AO.

So, here we go, on with the News!

A pessimistic UN story on Afghan police.

And speaking of pessimistic UN reports, here is another.

A Kabul Commodity report.



Belgians and Brits guarding Americans and Turks - all at Kabul Intl Airport. (photo by...me)

Let 'im go.

OK, let's try that jirga thing again, shall we?

Good. Plus good. Perhaps even, Double Plus Good.

And in Afghan Ex-pat Bowling News - Tora Bora defeats Mush Mush.

Ha! (photo by RAWA)
I sure hope this works out.

As Mike Ditka once asked a reporter... "Who you crappin'?" I freely admit I would rather have this guy dead, dead, dead. But this is for the Afghans to figure out.

An olive branch and a thank you.


"Tashkur, Pakistan!"


(at e-ariana.com)

Was Pakistan working on/with ol' Hekmatyar?

Central aid authority...hmmm?

Uh-oh time on the Iranian border.

I'm just putting this one up - because I can! It's me at the main orphanage in Charikar.


3 Comments:

Blogger LTC John said...

My unit is "Go" in a little over a year. We don't know when or where...

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello Mayor john,

I hope you are well....

I Love the pictures of you .....


Love you...

3:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Major John,

I have read the Donuts' postings back into last spring with considerable interest... especially stories such as the one you described about "Solatia." We are working on a project for the Army Research Laboratory to improve cultural skills between US soldiers and indigenous populations. I would like to discuss several issues with you and obtain your insights. Would you be interested? My direct email address is:

myager@ecrossculture.com

Thanks,
Mark Yager, Senior Researcher
eCrossCulture

12:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?