Friday, March 23, 2007

The 51st Edition of the News of Afghanistan

The News, dinner at Kabul House tonight - what else could you want?

How about a bushkazi match between two of the provinces I used to work?! I admit a bias in favor of Parwan...

Afghan horse riders play 'buzkashi' during a competition between Parwan and Panshir provinces in Kabul, March 22,2007. Buzkashi is the national sport of Afghanistan in which players fight to place a goat carcass into a circle goal. (AP Photo/Rafiq Maqbool) [courtesy of e-ariana.com]

Not a smart move - not at all. See also.

I hope this works out.


Snarl!

Photo: IRIN
Thousands of girls go to school in Kabul

Record school enrollment. This is a wonderful thing - and one that was a top priority of the neo-Taliban to stop.

Hopefully not just in Kabul... Otherwise...


India continues it's assistance. India doesn't get enough credit for things like this - probably because nobody knows about them. So now you do.


Photo: IRIN
An Afghan child receives polio drops


"A virus that does not repect borders." Polio sucks and should not exist anymore - please let this come off successfully.

Jacksonville steps up!

A short article - it is the comments that I found...interesting.

Tonight's dinner guest of honor. No, her, not the camel. Sometimes I wonder about you people...

I hope you had a Happy Nawroz!

And in Afghan Cricket News...

Vet lab!



Pajhwok has a great new look and format.



UPDATE: Marine unit told to leave. My personal opinion of this is that units like that are mis-employed where they were. If it was a matter of the Pak border - they might be better used in interdiction, LRS, etc.

3 Comments:

Blogger maggie katzen said...

huh, I remember RTO mentioning the bottling plant thing while he was home. and me thinking that was a good idea.

11:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mayor John,

I hope you are feeling good !!

Is the situation there very dangerous for you ???

I will let you know there is one who is thinking on you !!!!!

Have a good dangerous free day !

Like you so much.....

And Lovely Greetings to you.....

8:42 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

You're on, Haji!

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?