Saturday, January 27, 2007

News of Afghanistan ٤٤

A bit late - but yesterday I was on the road back from FT Leavenworth...and I am tired.

Enough of my complaining - here we go!



Not quite the Chatanooga Choo-choo, but I sure hope they build this.

I remember when Tony Blair became a father while PM, oh what the hype was like - how about this?!

"OK, that's enough of this you two, now make nice."

An Afghan dry fruits seller cleans almonds in his shop, in Kabul, Wednesday, Jan. 24, 2007. Afghanistan is one of the leading producers of dried fruit & nuts in the world. (AP Photo/Manish Swarup) [thanks to e-ariana.com]

No matter what.

Terrible, awful, loathsome...I have started to run out of adjectives to describe this sort of thing.

This sucks for two reasons - Iran won't keep it's paws to itself, and it is setting up the Hazara, a picked upon minority, for more of the same old, same old. Damn.

"Spray? My fields? With what?!!!"

[photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images]

I rather imagined they would say "no", and they have.

India flexing it's humanitarian/aid muscles!

I suspect this will not turn out to be a good thing.

If the Taleban are fighting for Afghanistan - why do the Afghan people find themselves desperate to avoid them...? They could use some help too.

NEWS SOURCE OF THE WEEK

Inside Afghanistan

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:07 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Same old "iris" ...

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, that was a lot of reading. I'm exhausted, I'm going to bed. Good job.

10:46 PM  
Blogger Army Girl said...

That is a lot of reading.. lol. I'll come back later.. but it's more of the same stuff a lot of the time, isn't it?

That country has so far to go yet.

::sigh::

6:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?