Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Donut Election Update

My Cook County Source of Information™ reports that some nice young men went through his grandmother's nursing home last week and made sure all the elderly folks got assistance in 'early voting'. And the nice young men made sure all the elderly residents voted their ballots with a full Democratic ticket ...

In my torpid county - a flabby, Mostly All Republican Sort Of place, the new electronic voting machines were sluggish in coming online, and the early crowd at my poling place (and others I heard from) was a bit baffled at having to wait 30 minutes to vote a fairly empty ballot [no slew of referenda, and only a couple of judges rention votes]. A few people showed up, snorted in disgust at the line, spun about and left.

I intend on doing the following as the election results start coming in tonight: have dinner with my family, then play with the kids, get them to bed and then sprawl out in some position that will make my torn up left shoulder feel better [arthrogram and MRI next week, whee].

UPDATE: The Election Night cure-all is here.


UPDATE II: My flabby, Mostly All Republican Sort Of County screwed the pooch with the new voting machines...so the polls stay open until 8:30pm...and at 5:50pm I received and automated GOTV call mentioning this from the local Congresscritter. Amazing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Inner Prop said...

After voting at our neighborhood senior center I went to the library to return a big, dark bag full of books.

The library is also a polling place and it occured to me that no one thought twice about someone carrying a bag of what could be anything into a polling place.

That couldn't happen in Afghanistan or Iraq, at least NOT YET.

What did Churchill say? "It has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except all the others that have been tried."

5:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to use a provisional ballot. The polling place I have been using for the last 11 years, accept for the 2004 vote when we were gone, had no record of me as a voter. I'm in the system,I had just served on a jury with the county last fall. The judges told me they had more than a few problems today. Bastardo!!! I can't deal with Blago, Osama Obama, Durbin, and Stroger the younger.

9:16 PM  
Blogger CSMBones said...

The above statment is from CSM Bones Dammit!!!!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Having trouble with the automated system on Blogger too I see CSM.

Whell, none of the people I voted for won. We also had a referendum on how much more money to shovel into the burning abyss we call a local high school too. I'll get back to you on that one.

1:12 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

Lake County Update: New Sheriff and no more money for the HS

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?