Monday, October 02, 2006

Flashback Weekend

Oo! I felt like a teenager again this weekend.

I went to Scouts Friday night (like I always did, except this time it was Girl Scouts), had pizza and then watched Dr. Who!

To top it all off I watched Da Bears dismantle the NFL National Conference Champs on Sunday night in front of the wide wide world of sports.

The Fighting Illini won too! Woo Hoo!

Oh, and Major John here's another blast from the past:

"Na na na na, na na na na, Hey hey hey GOODBYE!"

3 Comments:

Blogger LTC John said...

Was that a goodbye song for Dusty Baker, or Andy MacPhail? Oh well, anyone can go 100 years without a World Series, eh?

8:00 AM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

No I was thinking about how that song used to be used for a certain CURRENT "World" champ that didn't even make it into the playoffs.

Is the world's largest beer garden still there? That's all that North siders expect anyway. Don't interupt them with something as mundane as baseball.

BTW last year Mrs. Prop and I watched the world series. She asked me why since I hate baseball. I said, "because it's historic, you don't know when the next Chicago world series will be." Wow, I had no idea that the losing would begin again so soon!

11:19 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

The beer garden now runs $80 for a bleacher seat...those people wouldn't know baseball if one landed on their heads. Which, of course, is likely if a Cub pitcher is on the mound.

That 1906 Championship banner at Wrigley Beer Garden sure does look a bit more weather beaten than the 2005 one at the Cell.

12:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?