Thursday, September 07, 2006

Holy Cats! I Won!

I won the latest Mirable Visu SSIW (Short Sharp Intuitive Writing) contest.

My story was called "Faun-O-Matic."

The rules were that we only had one week to write the story, it had to be 500 words or less and it had to include one or more of the following elements: smoke; initiate; imitate; start and end with the same paragraph; science fiction and first person point of view. I did all of that.

I was very surprised. I didn't expect to win.

What did I win? Well, I get to tell all of you that I won. That's something.


Also, I get to put it on my writing resume.

The point is, I haven't won in a while and it sure feels good to win again.

I'm Back Baby! I'm Back!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work! The story's compact, humorous and extremely imaginative--really enjoyable and deserving of first place.

Congratulations, Prop! May the muse be with you always!

1:28 AM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Top notch stuff. You are BACK!

3:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?