Sunday, September 17, 2006

Da Pope, Da Bears and Da Greeks

I believe I am the official (or token) Papist among the Donuts, so I have to report on this (I may go into more depth in Illini 6 after I read up on it).

The Pope made a disparaging remark about Muslims last week. The statement put out by the OIC was:

“while you’re at it why don’t you give us a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it!”


The Vatican replied, “Lighten up Francis.”




The Bears beat the Detroit Lions today. Hey, where’s my money? Wasn’t there a guarantee that the Lions would win? Well, where’s my money? GO BEARS!

Go to Illini 6 for an explanation of that sound you heard this morning.

Finally, I went to a Greek Christening today. I can’t give any personal information about my family so I’ll just say I’m not Greek, but certain blood relatives of mine are half Greek. We had a blast. I know this photo looks like a wedding, but the Christening look exactly the same.

OPA!

3 Comments:

Blogger Citizen Deux said...

Greek events - always a blast. Having gown up in a Greek Orthodox upper elementary, I though it was cool that we could stay up until 2am running amok at the latest celebration!

PS - If there was ever any doubt about the irrationality of our enemies - this is proof positive.

8:17 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

But, but it is all a big misunderstanding! Look here to see the proof!

http://muslihoon.wordpress.com/2006/09/19/pops-remarks/

11:23 PM  
Blogger Inner Prop said...

As promised I actually read the Pope's speech (Pop's speech was swell).

Lots of Greek in there.

I think I agree with Papa.

Go to Illini6 for a more in-depth reading.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?