Friday, August 05, 2005

The Power of the Instalanche



Many people in the blogosphere are familiar with the term "Instalanche" - having a link to your blog appear on the Instapundit and seeing a resulting huge upsurge in traffic. We here at Miserable Donuts have had two such 'lanches. However, today was a lesson in the power of an Instalanche in its secondary form.
The photos are of the screens I shot this morning. First, Mrs. Greyhawk includes one of my photos in "The Dawn Patrol" entry on the Mudville Gazette[Thanks Mrs. G!]. Second, Professor Reynolds starts an Instalanche onto the post that Mrs G. made. Third, the wave of people coming to read the Mudville Gazette post, many of them follow the link from Mudville to this humble site. How do I know they came from there? Fourth, I checked the Sitemeter because I saw an unusual spike in traffic - see where they primarily came from?

Instalanche power. Indeed.

2 Comments:

Blogger LTC John said...

Geez, I am going to have to post more pictures of the Afghan mountains to get rid of that appellation, aren't I?

2:00 PM  
Blogger Gail said...

Instalanches come and go, but the Scribal tides never ebb.

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?