Friday, July 08, 2005

How About Some Good News from Afghanistan?


This is very good news. I really hate the HIG, and anything that pulls their teeth is fine by me. When the Afghan government put the amnesty program in place (only for those deemed salvagable) - we knew it would work. But I never expected the HIG to have this many come in from the cold. Now if only ol' Gulbuddin (he's the "G" in "HIG") could get his butt capped...

[Thanks to Captain's Quarters]

UPDATE: I added the "Honk if you're HIG" picture of a patrol I went on.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

What's a HIG?

5:52 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

HIG = Hezb e-Islami Gulbuddin (Party of Islam, Hekmatyr Gulbuddin's faction). Mr. G was quite the fighter against the Russians, then the Taliban, now us. Many figured out he was nuts while fighting the Taliban and started to scurry away - but he is a wiley one, even if he is running out of followers...

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know how he (Major John) remembers all that stuff.

I think he makes up the spelling knowing that the rest of us don't have a clue and the only place Dari and Pashtu are really known and used are half a world away.

Signed-
A simple ferengi (I'm sure I spelled that wrong)

IP

11:01 PM  
Blogger LTC John said...

Ha! I had forgotten about being "ferengi". I wonder if the Star Trek folks were making a nice play on words with that name...

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?