Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Play by Email

Greetings Donuts o' Misery,

With no face-to-face board gaming opportunities, I have investigated alternatives. While the younger generation is comfortable with real time stuff, I find it lacks diplomacy and strategy. Besides, it takes too much time for a busy papa. And, I just cannot move a mouse that fast. And, I get a headache. So, I recommend a couple of turn-based play-by-email sites. Both are fun and require only limited time commitments.

The first is the Diplomacy Judge (DPJudge) at http://www.floc.net/dpjudge/ . Diplomacy is the game of games, and this site does a great job supplying it.

The second is Lords of Conquest at http://www.lordsofconquest.com/ . All the games appear to use the same engine. Turns are once per week.

Your Running Dog

2 Comments:

Blogger Mighty Quinn said...

I'm 'game' for diplomacy if other donutlings are in.

9:53 AM  
Blogger Major John said...

Not I, just yet - Tempus42 has already destroyed my productivity by introducing me to the Kingdom of Loathing...

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?