Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Running Dog Reporting for Duty

Greetings Miserable Donuts,

I am the capitalist running dog economist who just returned to his computer after the holiday weekend. My thoughts were with my late Uncle Dom who flew the Burma Hump in WWII and my two grandfathers who served in the War to End All Wars. One was a submariner. The other was in the artillery in France. Also, the Running Dog household is thankful that Major John has returned home and was not the focus of our Memorial Day.

I want to go on the record stating that Revenge of the Sith is surprisingly good. The first two prequels help the cause by making almost anything strong in comparison, but Sith is better than Return of the Jedi. As my brother pointed out, you need only revisit Return of the Jedi to confirm this. The key is that the Sith business is finally out in the open. The Palpatane/Emperor character is the most interesting part of the film. If Phantom Menace had been less phantom and more menace (told the story from the Sith perspective), then the whole enterprise would have been much improved.

Summer reading? Freakonomics by Levitt and Dubner. It proves that hope endures for the Dismal Science.

Your Capitalist Running Dog

2 Comments:

Blogger Major John said...

Note - see the Freakonomics blog that is also hosted here on Blogger.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Eric Blair said...

I just finished that book. As Artie Johnson would say: "Verrrrrrrrrrrry Innnnnnnteresting".

I'm making my wife read it, and she never reads non-fiction.

6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

  • Wikablog - The Weblog Directory

  • My blog is worth $60,970.32.
    How much is your blog worth?